My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I am a work in progress, and boy, do I need a lot of work!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Eighty-four

I knelt and said,
"But I am one, only one."

And the world is so large. And the evil is so strong. There are so few who care. There are so few who sense.
"But I am one, only one."

The machines of organization roll on, crushing the individual into a part of the mass. The hopelessness of the world-wrought minds spreads and smothers the hope of the lonely individuals.
"But I am one, only one."

Entire cities have been destroyed. Entire nations have reaped their seeds of distrust and lie writhing in the in their death throes.
"But I am one, only one."

While I eat my fill, hundreds die in hunger. While I close my door in careless safety, hundreds watch doors in fear and resignation.
"But I am one, only one."

The powers of mind and thought and measurement reduce the world to calculated probabilities.
"But I am one, only one."

And even that one walks in fear and stumbling, discontent, and lack of strength.
"And I am so one, only one."

And he said,
"Stand up,
I choose you."

And I stood up and the earth trembled,
And that is the beginning to which there
is no end,
Except in God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home