My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I am a work in progress, and boy, do I need a lot of work!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Four

One morning I awoke with a desire I wanted to fulfill. It concerned a way I wanted to be.

This was a matter to lay before God. This was a matter for prayer. The desire was for a power and goodness, and I wanted the prayer to be right. I would preface my request with an acknowledgement of my unworthiness. This wasn't false; I knew it, and God would accept it.

All day phrases and words came to me. My special prayer took shape. I would set aside a time. I would approach him in truth.

In the evening I closed myself away from others. I read from his word. I reviewed the phrases and words of my very special prayer.

Before I got really settled down, I was flooded with the answer, and I was the way I wanted to be.

But I felt cheated...I had wanted that moment of communication with God. Then I thought I heard something.

"I heard you this morning."


I think I have a lot to learn about prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home